Friday, April 9, 2010

You've Come A Long Way Baby

You won't believe where I am sitting to type this.  Go ahead, I'll give you three guesses.  Chicago?  Good, but not specific enough.  I am sitting on the floor in the hotel bathroom, with my laptop propped up on a towel on the toilet.  Disgusting, I know.  The only place less clean than a hotel bathroom is an airplane bathroom, and we won't even go there.

I'm in here because my guys are taking a nap out in the room.  Until a minute ago I was trying to do some studying for work, which involved audio, and I didn't want to wake them up.  Why didn't I go to the lobby you ask?  Good question.  Unfortunately one I didn't think of until I started to write this.  Now I'm too lazy to move.

As you can see, we made it to Chicago last night.  Uneventfully, which was a shock.  We went to the train diner for lunch, and my son was appropriately impressed.  I guess I now understand why people trek all the way to Chicago to take their daughters to the American Girl store.  We have just done the same thing so my son could have a traingasm.

Previously, I would be mortified to be sitting in the hotel room at 2 in the afternoon (and on the bathroom floor, but we already discussed that).  My husband's idea of vacation is to rest and relax.  Mine is to cram as much sightseeing as possible into a day.  I can sleep at home, why do I want to pay money to go somewhere else and take a nap?  But we're actually back at the room due to my suggestion.  My son really needed a nap, and though we could have pushed through, I found myself suggesting an afternoon siesta.  Why?  So I could write of course.  I can't believe I'm as happy writing a blog as I would be at Navy Pier or the aquarium.  We're headed downtown later, so I guess I have the best of both worlds today.

And best of all, my guys are actually going home tomorrow on an airplane that I will be flying.  I have been an airline pilot for 10 years, and this will be the first time my family has travelled with me.  It's about time.  I just hope it's a good landing.  If not, I'll just blame the Captain.

No comments:

Post a Comment