Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Guessing Game

My husband asked me yesterday if I did anything with my free time besides blog.  Yes, I do.  I went shopping for six hours yesterday on my overnight.  That's why I didn't have time to blog.  I didn't intend to shop for that long, it just took me that long to try on 30+ pairs of jeans.  Out of those 30, I ended up with one very expensive pair that fit.  I could never understand why people spend so much money on jeans.  Then I put on my first pair of Seven For All Mankind.  The rest, as they say, is history.

I do not spend money like your typical airline pilot (or I guess I should say like your typical airline pilot's wife).  I am very frugal, some would call me cheap.  I normally shop somewhere like Kohl's, or if you've read my previous post, my neighbors trash pile.  If I shop somewhere like Macy's I don't buy anything if I don't have a coupon or it's not on sale.  But I am a sucker for sales.  I bought my Seven's from Nordstrom Rack, on sale of course, and they look better than any jeans I've ever had.  That could also be due to the fact that I am skinnier than I have ever been, but the jeans still make a huge difference.

After my shop til you drop afternoon, I was famished.  I saw a sushi place, and the fact that it was called "Sushi Land" should've been a clue that it wasn't completely authentic.  Upon entering, I realized that the entire restaurant was staffed by mexicans.  I don't have anything against mexicans, I just didn't expect to see them making sushi.

Here's your quiz for the day.  I'll give you three guesses which city this restaurant was in.  Nope, you're wrong.  How do I know you're wrong?  Because never in a million years would you have guessed Portland, Oregon.  The sushi was ok.  My vegetable roll tasted suspiciously fishy, but I can't really complain.  I had two rolls and a miso soup for $3.50.

It is true you get what you pay for, whether it's $3.50 sushi or $100 jeans.  I learned my lesson about the sushi, and even though the jeans fit like a glove I may not be able to keep them.  I don't know if the enjoyment of looking good can override the guilt of spending so much on them.  I'll let you know what I decide next week, as I'll be back in Portland for another overnight.  The jeans will make the trip with me, I just don't know whether they'll be on my bum or in a bag to return.  One thing's for sure, I'll find somewhere else to have dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment