Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Seeing is Believing

I'm having a problem.  It's the same problem I have all the time.  I start something, and I am completely gung-ho about it, and then I start to lose interest.  I wanted to write every day for a year.  Well, I am writing every day, but I wanted to blog every day.  I knew if I took one day off then it would be two, and before I knew it it would be a week that I hadn't written.  But it's getting too hard to write every day.  I just don't have enough time because I am doing the exercise's in the "Artist's Way".  So I am going to take a break from writing the blog every day while I am doing the 12 week course.  I will still write occasionally, just not the drivel like last night.  And I will promise you and me to go back to writing more when I'm done with the "Artist's Way".  Ok, on to the exciting stuff.

I am about to enter the last and final week of the excruciating Candida Diet.  I don't think I ever want to see a Granny Smith apple again.  I have learned a lot from this diet, and my tastes have changed for the better.  I wouldn't say I've acquired a taste for almond milk, but it doesn't make me gag anymore.  I now realize that we consume way too much dairy, and I have actually started eating greens every day.  And I'm skinnier than I have been since, well, ever!  My husband actually called me boney last night!  I've been called a lot of things in my life, but boney was never one of them.  So I guess the diet does have some advantages.

I went to the nutritionist yesterday, and we did some muscle testing, or kinesiology.  I didn't know anything about it until a friend introduced me to it about a month ago.  It sounded and looked like a bunch of baloney.  It's probably easier to read the link first, in this case, to understand the procedure.
Description of muscle testing

I was trying to explain it to my husband the other night, and instead of the above link we watched a youtube video.  It looked so hokey and so fake it was ridiculous.  If I had not experienced it myself first hand, I never would have believed it.  To start, I held my arm out to the side, and as a test said "My name is -------".  Almost caught myself there.  The nutritionist tried to move my arm down and could not.  Then I said, "My name is Janet", which it isn't.  I thought to myself, I'm just going to hold my arm up and nothing is going to happen.  Funny thing was, I couldn't hold it up.  Even though I had every intention to resist, I couldn't.

When we started the testing,  Janet had different vials of allergens.  I didn't see what she had picked, and had no idea what she was testing me for.  I have intuitively thought that dairy, sugar, wheat, and non-local honey were culprits with my allergies.  Without knowing it, these were exactly the things I failed during the testing.  The honey was very strange.  I told her I thought I was ok with local honey, which proved true in the testing.  Then she wrote local and non-local honey on a piece of paper.  Again, I had no idea which one she was testing, so there was no pre-conceived notion on my part.  We had the same results with the paper as we did with the vials.

So what do I think of all of this?  Strangely enough, I believe it.  If you google muscle testing, there are as many sites that call it a crock as try to explain it.  What do I say to that?  Seeing, or in this case feeling, is believing.  I didn't, and still wouldn't, believe it if I hadn't tried it myself.

I have to say I'm still disappointed with the results.  I was hoping after 30 days to go back to my dairy loving, yogurt eating days.  It seems that those days, alas, are history.  I guess I had better get used to the almond milk and brown rice wraps.  I wonder if I will ever develop a taste for goat milk?  Yeah, I doubt it too.  I just realized, she didn't test wine.  Maybe we'll leave that one alone, I don't think I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment