Sunday, April 25, 2010

Wine, Glorious Wine

Well, I've officially fallen off the wagon.  And it was all due to a good friend of mine.  Actually, I can't blame her,  I know I'm responsible for my own actions.  Her goal for the night was to get me to have a glass of wine, and my weakling will-power acquiesced quite quickly.  She's just lucky I enjoy her company, otherwise I'd have to remove myself from the peer pressure.  And being one of my few regular blog readers she gives me good advice.  So I guess I will just have to develop some restraint.

How was the glass of wine, you ask?  I felt guilty the whole time I was drinking it, and I was mad at myself for not stopping at one glass.  I didn't feel any worse this morning than I have the rest of the week, so I guess maybe it's time to start enjoying food again.

I'm just concerned that it's a slippery slope.  Once I start having one glass of wine, I'l end up drinking the whole bottle.  A plate of pasta and I'll start wanting it every night.  And oh, do I want some dairy.  During the diet, I knew I couldn't cheat at all so it was easy to control myself.  I had it in my head I was going to make it thirty days, and I was determined to do it.  It was a contest with myself, and I do love to win.

 My concern now is that I have never been the type to have self control with food.  If I have one piece of candy, I end up eating half of the box.  It's not just one scoop of ice cream, but two.  I just hope I can control myself once I start eating delicious things again.  I'm still going to attempt to stay off of the wheat, sugar and dairy for a while.  Well, except for the yogurt.  I have been craving that for weeks now,  so I think that might be my next indulgence.

I attempted to cut open my first coconut today.  It was a lot of work, and then it ended up being pink inside.  What a disappointment.  I did taste some of the water, I hope I don't end up with food poisoning.  Maybe I'll just keep buying the coconut water in a container.  I'm going to attempt miso soup tomorrow.  Hopefully, I'll have better luck with that.

My husband just told me it takes a certain number of days for something to become a habit.  When I googled it, I found everything from 21 to 66.  I just hope it's less than 35, which is about how long I have been on the diet.  I think it has definitely changed the way I eat, and hopefully I can continue with the good habits.  I guess only time, and the size of my jeans, will tell.

2 comments:

  1. I think that Kim has wonderful willpower; she can do anything she wants, including having 1 or 2 glasses of wine each month with a good friend who moves to the Pittsburgh area just to be close to her. Think positively about what you can do, and you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete