Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Worm Party

Last night was a full Worm Moon.  I don't really know what a Worm Moon is, but the worms in my yard apparently do.  There were some strange worm happenings going on at my house the last two days, so I guess the moon is appropriately named.

First there was the worm pool party in my back alley.  I live in pothole city, so when it rains there are a ton of places for worms to go swimming.  Almost every pothole in my alley had a worm in it.  This is no small feat, as there are a lot of potholes.

The next day the party had moved to my front steps.  Actually, party is probably the wrong word.  These worms didn't look very happy, and some had lost body parts.  Or whatever you call worm body parts.  It was more like a mass suicide, a worm Jonestown if you wish.  I felt bad for the worms, but the robins thought they had died and gone to birdie heaven.

I have been paying more attention to the moon and it's phases lately.  I don't know much about it yet, but I do know I find it very peaceful to just sit and look at the moon.  I watched it come up last night, and I was up early enough to watch it the whole way to Chicago this morning.  At least I enjoyed it more than the worms did.  But maybe not as much as the robins.

No comments:

Post a Comment