Monday, March 29, 2010

Rant Alert

Oh what I wouldn't give for a giant chocolate bar.  Or a glass of wine.  Anything other than this cardboard tasteless junk I've been eating for the last week and a half.  Look at the bright side.  Only 2 1/2 weeks left to go.  Oh joy. 

So what, exactly, is someone in my position supposed to do to relieve the stress of an absolutely shitty day.  Well, to be honest, it wasn't that shitty.  Just a huge waste of time.  The food I spent all day yesterday preparing, was left in not one, but two different places.  First, I left my nice green smoothie in the bathroom at the airport yesterday.  Then this morning, I forgot half of my food in the ice bucket in the hotel.  I've yet to see an airport sell rice cakes or quinoa or millet, or any of the other crap I'm eating, so this is a small problem.  Then, to top it all off, I spent an hour composing an email to a successful blogger to ask for advice.  I have now tried to send the email to two different websites about 8 different times, and nothing is working.  I've learned from previous experience that it's just not meant to be sent today, but it is soooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating.  Yes, it's THAT frustrating.  Maybe even more, but I don't have time to write any more oooo's.

So what do I do to calm down?  My normal consolation of food is not available and I can't work out because I will start coughing my head off.  I'm at work and not into extramarital affairs, so that won't work either, if you catch my drift.  I've already beaten the pillows on the bed, and I will stop telling my son it's a good way to take out frustration.  It really doesn't do anything, except make the people in the next hotel room think you're having a much better time than you actually are.

Don't mind me, I'm just releasing toxins.  This is actually a symptom of the detox, and I guess it shows it's working.  I sure can't wait to get back to my happy, perky self.  Neither can my husband and son.  They've seen me cry over nothing twice in the past two days.  I haven't had this many mood swings since I was pregnant.

Ok, so I promised a more coherent, intelligent blog today.  Well, you'll have to wait til tomorrow for that, or go read another blog.  Actually, can't promise any better for tomorrow, as it will be a short night at home.  At least I'll be in a better mood.  If not, I promise not to touch the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment