Saturday, March 13, 2010

Everyone wants to bang a drum

7:30am.  Going to try the morning blog one more time.  Frantically typing before the battery goes dead in my computer.  The charger is downstairs, and from yesterday's post we all know what happens when I go downstairs.

I attended my first drum circle last night.  I don't really know much about drum circle's, and to be honest they always seemed a little hippie-ish to me.  I'm finding the older I get, the more fascinating I find activities that I used to consider tree hugger or hippie.  And I don't mean the drugs, for anyone associated with aviation that might be reading this.  I assure you, I am still of sound mind and pure body.

The reason I felt compelled to write those last two sentences, is because of a conversation I had with my husband the other day.  When I asked him what he thought of me writing a blog, he said, "I think it's fine unless you have some sort of airplane accident".   To which I replied, "Well, then I won't be around to worry about it".  To which he replied, "True, but we will".

And he has a point.  If something did happen, everything seems to boil down to pilot error in the end.  If someone were to discover this blog, and take something out of context, then it could potentially be a problem.  I find it incredibly sad that things that used to be commonplace many years ago are now considered strange or crazy.  Things like intuition, communing with plants and animals, and energy healing have been around for a very long time, but now they seem to have some sort of bad connotation.

I guess the reason I'm writing all this now, is I want to put some local links on my blogs.  That obviously makes it easier to find out who I am, which I'm about to do anyway.  The secrecy is not something I'm enjoying.  There are just some subjects that I won't be able to go into as deeply as I would like to, because of what I've mentioned above.

But I digress from the drum circle.  It was a great experience.  I have my own drum, from a "Transformational Reiki" class I have taken in the past.
The energy in the room was amazing, and I found myself almost going into a trance with the rythmic drumming.  I would find myself staring at a place on the floor for long periods, and not even realizing I was doing it.

Drumming is said to help people with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, cancer, Autism, the list goes on and on.  It promotes physical and mental relaxation and relief from stress.  And it's also just a whole lot of fun.  I can't write anymore about it, because I don't know anymore about it.  You can google it as well as I can. Besides, my battery is just about dead.

www.the-place-for-reiki.com - Transformational Reiki


No comments:

Post a Comment