Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hey Y'all, Watch This

When I lived in the south and someone said, "Hey y'all, watch this", it normally meant you should move away from them and take cover.  Someone was about to do or say something incredibly stupid, and quite possibly dangerous.

In this case, "Hey y'all watch this" is a television recommendation.  You probably will never get one of these from me again.  I would be perfectly happy to get rid of the tv, as I find most of the programs to be stupid or violent.  I know I'm in the minority here, so please don't hold it against me.  I have this annoying trait of being completely honest, even when I should keep my mouth shut.  I will never be able to get rid of the tv anyway.  My husband is more likely to become a vegetarian than to part with his beloved 60 incher.  And he will become a vegetarian right after pigs fly, hell freezes over, etc. etc.  Remove your mind from the gutter please.

Anyway, this is a very long way of saying I highly recommend you watch the show "Life" on the Discovery Channel.  It is an amazing wildlife documentary, similar to the previous "Planet Earth" series.  I loved the show even though I had to close my eyes several times.  I realize cheetah's can't be vegetarians, but I still can't bring myself to watch a life being ended. (Other than the insects mentioned in a previous blog)  My only complaint is that Oprah Winfrey is doing the voice overs instead of David Attenborough.  That's probably just my infatuation with British accents though.  So gather the family around and be ready to see and learn some amazing things.  Did you know that the female octopus dies after she lays and tends to her eggs?  Now you do!

Life Series

No comments:

Post a Comment