Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Birds

An interesting thing has happened to me on two different days this week.  A flock of robins (yes I said robins) has taken up residence in the tree out front.  Think about it for a minute.  When was the last time you have seen more than one or two robins at the same time?  The day before yesterday I stopped counting them at 20.

This morning while I was preparing to meditate, one flew into the tree next to my window.  He just sat there and stared at me.  I couldn't stop watching him, even though I don't know what I expected him to do.  Come over and tap on the window and give me a message?  (That's a joke, just in case you didn't hear the sarcasm.)  Here's what the "Animal Speak" book has to say about robins.

Robin
Keynote: Spread of New Growth
When a robin comes into your life, you can expect new growth to occur in a variety of areas of your life - not just a single area.
The robin egg reflects the innate ability of those with this totem to assert the will force to create new growth in her life.  When the robin comes to you it is to help you in this process.  It may reflect you have been dong so inappropriately or ineffectually.  Either way, the robin will show you how to do it successfully.

I realize that the robins were probably migrating, but I still have never seen anything like this before.  It is quite a site to see 20 red breasts in a tree, with more flying around between the houses.  I think the message is very timely for me.  I am excited about the prospect of new growth.  Like the robin, I'm ready to spread my wings and search out new sources of nourishment, whatever they might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment