Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy Birthday To ME

I had a birthday gift from the company today.  When I checked in for work at 5:30 this morning, there was a little "acknowledge assingnment change" message on the computer.  This is normally not a good thing.  It means they've changed my assignment for the day.  "Please don't do this to me," I silently prayed, expecting the worst, while visions of having to go on the road for three days in a green speckled shirt circled around in my head.  Not to mention, I was looking forward to having birthday dinner at home with my family.

Imagine my surprise when I acknowledged my assignment and discovered that my whole day had been cancelled!  All I had to do was ride in the back of the airplane home, instead of my scheduled Boston-Philly trip I was supposed to fly.  Have to go now, I'm home in time to have lunch with my wonderful husband.  Happy Birthday indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment