Monday, July 12, 2010

It's Been A Long Time

It really has been a long time since I've blogged about anything original.  It's been an  interesting few months.  I have been unmotivated, unorganized, and haven't felt like doing anything.  But at the same time, I've had one of the best summers of my life.

I have felt I "should" start blogging again for a long time, but I have had several things happen this week that have made me want to blog.  Even still, I have procrastinated for the last 3 hours.  It's time to stop running away and get my thoughts down on paper - err, computer.

I have so much to catch up on, so I'm just going to start with the last week and fill in the rest later.  My son had his first summer camp this week, so I had my afternoons free.  Since he isn't in preschool, this was quite a luxury for me, and I took full advantage of it.

I started with an acupuncture session on Tuesday.  I have been feeling incredibly irritable and grouchy, with tremendous mood swings.  It's like PMS without the MS.  I went through a period like this several weeks after I started my candida diet, but then I was negative and depressed as well.  I guess having nothing to eat but brown rice and vegetables would depress anyone.  Although I couldn't see it at the time, a friend pointed out to me later that I was going through a healing crisis.  It was like a lightbulb went off when she said that, I don't know why I couldn't figure it out for myself.  I haven't looked at the rest of this website, but it had a good description of a healing crisis so I am including it.

http://falconblanco.com/health/crisis.htm

So I went to the acupuncturist hoping for some relief, from my mood swings and my allergies.  It appears that the diet really is helping, because I have been suffering from allergies again since I fell off the food wagon on vacation.  But that's another story.  What I got was more than an acupuncture session.  I learned an amazing technique called EFT.

http://www.eftuniverse.com/images/stories/6-4-10/telegrapheft.pdf

I highly recommend looking at the above link, because it gives a pretty good description from an unbiased perspective.  If you don't have time to look at the link, here is a quick description.  The theory behind EFT is that all emotional upsets are caused by disturbances in the body's energy system. Correct the disturbance, and the emotional upset dissipates. This doesn't mean that we don't feel any emotion, rather that we have a tool that can neutralise excessive emotion. (Copied from eft.net.nz)


Previously, I would have lumped EFT in with things like muscle testing.  But again, seeing is believing.  As I started tapping on my meridians, repeating the phrase, "even though I've been a bitch lately, I love and approve of myself", I felt a little self conscious.  No, I felt ridiculous.  But at the end of the tapping an amazing thing happened.  I didn't feel bitchy anymore. 

My acupuncturist gave me a handout that described the sequence so I could practice at home.  I don't know where it came from, but when I find out I will post it.  I think the information may have come from this site, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

 http://www.eftuniverse.com/

I keep thinking about how wonderful it would be to teach this technique to kids.  I plan to learn more about it, because it really fascinates me.  I have a feeling this is going to lead me down a whole new path.  Lets just hope I stick with it, unlike the blog.  I'm working on that though, and it's good to be back.  

My main problem with the blog is it's so time consuming.  This post has just taken me an hour, and the only reason I have time to write it is because I'm sitting in the hotel at work.  Since I've hardly worked this summer (maybe part of the reason it's been so enjoyable), I don't have many days that I can devote an hour to writing.  But I will make a sincere promise to try.  Until something else distracts me.






No comments:

Post a Comment