Monday, August 6, 2012

Om Namah Shivaya

Transformation.  A new beginning.  It didn't happen overnight, but it feels as if it did.  It is as if I have flipped the light switch and connected the circuit to myself.  Confidence, security, embracing my femininity, these were all foreign concepts to me just last week. 

I don't know exactly what happened to unlock this gift within me, all I know is that it feels amazing.  I am dancing freely (I never knew my hips could move like that),  I am speaking with confidence in my workshops, and when people tell me I am beautiful I accept the compliment with grace, rather then shying away from it in embarrassment because it feels untrue.

I woke up this morning singing Om Namah Shivaya, a meditation mantra I experienced for the first time this weekend.  I had no idea what it meant, but a charge of electricity ran through my body each time I said the words.  When I looked it up this morning I found this explanation -

"It means I bow to Shiva.  (Shiva) is the name given to consciousness that dwells in all.  Shiva is the name of your true identity - your self." - From www.meditationiseasy.com.

Our theme for the weekend at Summer Rhythm Renewal was connection, and we were encouraged to find our edge and push past it.  I did both.  I connected with many fascinating people, but the most interesting person I connected with was myself.  I've met this person in the past, and never felt comfortable around her.  Suddenly I see her for what she is -  and embrace the beauty, the grace, and the possibility she possesses.  I am blessed to have re-connected with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment